Monday, December 16, 2013

Compilation

Today is a day to just write about anything you want using any form of poetry that suits you. A good idea would be to go to a place that inspires you, preferably some place quiet, and just write about everything you see and feel. Remember not to overthink anything and don't worry about how it will turn out. Write what you feel as it happens. Line by line. This is the perfect time to write about anything you have bottled up, those feelings are the best for writing poems.

Be sure to remember my definition of poetry: a short way to describe one's feelings about a particular topic often using rhymes. It uses all sorts of figurative language. Such as idioms, similes, metaphors, alliteration, etc.

Here are more of my poems. Read them for inspiration and see if you can tell which type of poetry I used for each one.


The obsessed janitor on Dreary Lane
Always has a shovel and a cane.
He comes out at night
Burying objects with his might.
Although that is extremely lame.


"Spring Time's Here"
The sound of spring is finally here,
Each day its drawn near and near.
Birds chirp and the wind blows
I hope it never ever snows.
It's so beautiful and bright,
Not even the biggest bug gives me a fright.
Thank God the beauties of spring are finally here.
 
"I Write because..."
I write because it cleanses my soul
I tell about things you may not know.
Things that are deep,
Things that make you weep.
When you read them you'll know more than before.
I write because it cleanses my soul.
 
"Spring Noise"
I hear birds and bugs and wind and leaves.
All the plants make noise with ease.
They sing songs of joy and warmth,
I wish I knew the lyrics to their verse.
 
School is over,
Let us sleep the day away.
We can finish it later.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment