Friday, December 13, 2013

Freestyle Time

Now that you've had some practice with rhyming and thinking about words lets do some free style poetry. These are probably the easiest poems to write because you don't have to think a particular way. You can just write and let your words flow in whatever direction they want to go. And now that you've warmed up your brain it will be especially easy. Just write whatever you feel and the rest will come naturally. 

My freestyle poem of the day: 

A Bench 
The bench is my outside friend.
It lets me rest upon it, 
All day it sits there waiting, watching, observing me as I play out in my yard.
Sometimes I wonder just where I'd be 
If the bench could no longer hold me.

By: Fatima Oubaid

See little effort but such a deep metaphor. That's really what poetry is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment